The UK's need for more new homes is the biggest opportunity facing the construction sector at this time and offsite construction could soon become critical in forming a practical solution to this crisis. Explore Offsite in the Housing Sector hopes to answer the question: how can offsite construction help?
Housebuilding in the UK is currently at an all-time low
Housebuilding in the UK is currently at an all-time low. It is predicted that a total of 250,000 homes need to be delivered each year in order to tackle spiralling house prices and the critical shortage of affordable homes. This target has constantly been missed – with figures showing that only 141,000 homes were constructed last year.
Taking place on 23 & 24 March 2016 at the NEC, Birmingham, Explore Offsite in the Housing Sector will be a platform for construction clients, architects, engineers and contractors to come together and discuss the latest offsite solutions for housing.
With a fantastic line-up of industry figures confirmed to speak over the two days, including our own Technical Manager Tony Woods, this is an essential event for any professional looking to delve deeper into the liveliest and most promising topic in UK construction.
• Video Address: Brandon Lewis MP – Minister of State for Housing and Planning
• Tom Bloxham MBE – Chairman, Urban Splash
• Rory Bergin – Partner: Sustainable Futures, HTA Design LLP
• Oliver Novakovic – Technical and Innovation Director, Barratt Developments
• Alex Goodfellow – Managing Director, Stewart Milne Timber Systems
• Andy von Bradsky – Chair, Housing Forum & PRP Architects
• Stephen Wightman – Managing Director, Caledonian Modular
• Calum Murray – Director, CCG (Scotland)
• Jerry Harkness – Regional Development Director, Circle Housing
• Jeremy Kape – Director of Property Investment, Affinity Sutton
• Jeff Maxted – Director of Technical Consultancy, BLP Insurance
• Peter Andrew – Deputy Chairman, HBF
• Tom Ground – CEO, Legal & General Homes
• James Pickard – Director, Cartwright Pickard
• Ian Heptonstall – Director, Offsite Management School
• Rob Charlton – CEO, Space Group
• Stuart Carr - Director, Chapman Taylor Architects
• Andrew Orgorzalek – Partner, PCKO Architects
• Richard Jones – Partner, Arcadis LLP & Deputy Chair, Housing Forum
• Simon Tanner – Y:Cube Development Consultant – YMCA
• Greg Cooper – Pre Construction Manager, B & K Structures
• Andrew Waugh – Director, Waugh Thistleton
• Jay Shaw MBE – Head of Business Development, Snoozebox
• Steve Reid – Chief Technical Officer, Enviga Geothermal
If you are interested in exhibiting at this event, please contact Julie Richards at email@example.com or call 01743 290001.
About Explore Offsite - Our newest platform
For more information on the events in the Explore Offsite series or to book your place visit www.exploreoffsite.co.uk.